- We offer a new and engaging way for students to examine aspects of the primary and secondary school history curricula
- We email an education pack to all school groups with primary and secondary sources to help students make the most of their visit
- Our temporary exhibitions link with the decade of centenaries, offering students a memorable insight into the events of 100 years ago in Irish and world history
- We offer an interactive yet controlled environment which is secure and safe for all ages
- Taking a break? The Tower Café offers delicious daily specials
- We offer great value for money
National Museum of Ireland Collins Barracks and Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
Bring your class on a double visit to two of Ireland's favourite venues. Glasnevin Cemetery Museum and the National Museum of Ireland - Decorative Arts & History, Collins Barracks have joined forces and put together this compelling combination. With direct links to the junior and senior cycle curricula, this engaging day out has been tailored to meet all your class requirements in a fun and informative way. Located just 3km apart on Dublin's North side, both sites afford visitors of all ages, including students at primary and secondary levels, the opportunity to learn from, and engage with the past, ensuring a memorable and educational experience.
Groups are required to book visits to each site separately. Bookings are subject to availability.
To book a visit to The National Museum of Ireland please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At Glasnevin Cemetery Museum students can relive the momentous events that helped to shape our nation. Special re-enactments can be booked in addition to school tours. These include:
- Patrick Pearse's graveside oration at Jeremiah O'Donovan Rossa's funeral.
- James Larkin's famous speech in front of the gates at Mountjoy Prison.
- Nurse Elizabeth O'Farrell's recollections of the surrender of the 1916 Easter Rising.
Museum Opening Times:
Monday to Sunday inc Bank Holidays
Daily Public Tours:
Daily at 11.30am & 2.30pm
From January 2018: Saturday & Sunday at 1pm
Tel: +353 (0)1 882 6550 | Email: email@example.comBook Tickets