Bealtaine@International Museum Day
Genealogy Workshop: An Introduction to Your Family History
This event is part of the International Museum Day programme.
Saturday, May 25th at 2:00pm
Do you want to get started on your family tree but don't have a clue where to begin? Are you in the process of piecing the history of your ancestors together and need a little guidance on some best practice? Our genealogy workshops are the perfect place to do just that. Here at Glasnevin, we are in possession of 1.6 million burial records detailing each and every person who has been buried here since 1832.
Lynn Brady, our resident genealogist, will host this workshop where you will learn the following:
• How to assess the digitised Glasnevin Trust records
• How to navigate our online genealogy database when you are doing your research at home
• How these records can help you with this research
• How to assess Irish birth, marriage and death records
• How to access and assess Irish census records
• You will also learn about details to watch out for in the various records that you won't find on the internet.
Your ticket includes:
• A genealogy resource pack
• A guide to the Glasnevin records
• A complimentary voucher worth €10.00 to use on the Glasnevin database
The workshop lasts for about an hour with time for Q & A afterwards.
Museum Opening Times:
Monday - Friday - 10:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday - 10:00am - 5:00pm
The Tower Café - Daily - 9:30am - 5:00pm
How to book:
The best and quickest way to get your place booked in:
When you get to the ticket page, you will see a selection of the different tickets we offer. Simply select the appropriate ticket from this selection and complete the booking process.
We offer special concession rates for service users. Accompanying carers receive complimentary admission. Please contact 01 882 6550 for further details.
For booking enquiries (groups of 11 or more):
Discuss your group booking with our Bookings Coordinator:
+353 1 882 6570