Dedication of six VC commemoration paving stones at Glasnevin Cemetery Cross of Sacrifice
100th anniversary of ANZAC- Irish Divisions landings at Gallipoli
Order of events
8.45am Assembly at the Cross of Sacrifice, Glasnevin Cemetery
8.55am Ceremonial in position at Cross of Sacrifice
- Dublin Fusiliers Association
- Munster Fusiliers Association
- British legion
- Enniskillen Fusiliers
9.00am Welcome by John Green, Chairman, Glasnevin Trust
9.05am ANZAC response - Australian Ambassador
9.10am Wreath laying at Cross of Sacrifice to remember all of those who perished in the Gallipoli campaign
9.30am Rendering of citations/short biography of each of the six VC recipients by Conor Dodd.
9.40am Unveiling of VC Stones
1. Lieut. George Roupell, Royal Irish Fusiliers 20/4/15
2. C.S.M. Frederick Hall, 8th Battalion (Winnipeg Rifles) Canadian Expeditionary Force 24/4/15
3. Pte. William Kenealy, Lancashire Fusiliers 25/4/15
4. Cpl. William Cosgrove, Royal Munster Fusiliers 26/4/15
5. Capt. Gerald O' Sullivan, Royal Innisklling Fusiliers 1-2/7/15
6. Sgt. James Somers, Royal Innisklling Fusiliers 1-2/7/15
9.50am Minutes Silence
9.51am The Last Post
MC to announce the conclusion of the ceremony & say a word of thanks. Invite guests to museum for refreshments.
Museum Opening Times:
Closed until further notice.
The Tower Café - 10 am - 4 pm - daily.
How to book:
The best and quickest way to get your place booked in:
When you get to the ticket page, you will see a selection of the different tickets we offer. Simply select the appropriate ticket from this selection and complete the booking process.
We offer special concession rates for service users. Accompanying carers receive complimentary admission. Please contact 01 882 6550 for further details.
For booking enquiries (groups of 11 or more):
Discuss your group booking with our Bookings Coordinator:
+353 1 882 6570