What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site.
Cookies enable storing an identifier so the website can remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language) over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
There are different types of cookies:
- 'Strictly Necessary' cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas and shopping baskets. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services;
- 'Performance' cookies collect information about how you use our site e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our site works, understand what interests our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
- 'third-party' cookies are cookies that another party -that provides services on our behalf- places on your device when you use browse this website. Some third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
This page describes what information they gather, how we use it and why we sometimes need to store these cookies. We will also share how you can prevent these cookies from being stored however this may downgrade or 'break' certain elements of the sites functionality.
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
The Glasnevin Museum website runs on the Wandsoft content management system.
- Adobe ColdFusion Server, which, to run properly requires the following:
- Function: The Wandsoft platform uses Adobe Coldfusion (self hosted) which requires session cookie. No analytics or profiling is carried out using these cookies.
- Name(s): CFID,CFTOKEN,CFGLOBALS,CFCLIENT_
- By tracking the session the webserver only needs to send incremental information to your computer, instead of everything each time a new page is opened. Our server makes use of several cookies working together to ensure they are unique and making them more secure.
- No opt-out is offered.
- No marketing, profiling or analysis is performed
- Wandsoft cookies
- Function: e-Commerce and Customer Relationship Management. No analytics or profiling is carried out using these cookies.
- COOKPRIVACY: Kept forever - Anonymous - Used to track acknowledgement of cookie banner.
- wsuser_id: Kept forever - Prevention of contact duplication. No tracking is performed.
- WS_DEL, WS_DD, WS_DT, WS_SHOP, WS_C, WEZIK, : Anonymous - 3 hours from start of shopping. The Wandsoft shopping cart set these and they are deleted after the purchase is complete
- LG: Anonymous - Kept forever. Website language.
- TRZ: Anonymous - Kept forever. Affiliate / referral cookie
- WSMPHONE: Anonymous - Desktop/Mobile preference when viewing the site on a mobile device
- No opt-out is offered.
For website analytics, videos, recent comments, we use the following third party services:
- Google Analytics
- Function: Analytics. Google analytics are used to collect anonymised data on how visitors use webpages.
- Name(s): _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmt, _utmz
- __utmc: End of browser session. Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
- __utmv: 2 years from set/update. Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecated _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
- For further information go to: www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Function: To host videos
- For further information, go to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en-GB.
- Trip Advisor (tripadvisor.ie).
- Function: To provide Glasnevin Trust with recent reviews, Glasnevin Trust embeds a widget that places cookies..
- ServerPool: Used for viewing embedded content from TripAdvisor, including payment of referral commission fees and user tracking across websites. Kept for the length of the session
- TACds: Used for viewing embedded content from TripAdvisor, including payment of referral commission fees and user tracking across websites. Kept for 2 months
- TASession: Used for viewing embedded content from TripAdvisor, including payment of referral commission fees and user tracking across websites. Kept for the length of the session
- TAUnique Used for viewing embedded content from TripAdvisor, including payment of referral commission fees and user tracking across websites. Kept for 2 years
- For more explanation on the following cookies: CM, TATravelInfo, TART, PMC, SRT, TASSK , please consult Trip Advisor tripadvisor.mediaroom.com/caen-privacy-policy
How to control and delete cookies
Note: if you set your browser to disable session cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our site.
Museum Opening Times:
Monday - Friday - 10:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday - 10:00am - 6:00pm
How to book:
The best and quickest way to get your place booked in:
When you get to the ticket page, you will see a selection of the different tickets we offer. Simply select the appropriate ticket from this selection and complete the booking process.
For booking enquiries (groups of 11 or more):
Discuss your group booking with our Bookings Coordinator:
+353 1 882 6570